The Good Sauce Federal Election Podcast is an overview of Australia’s democracy, voting system, and main right-of-relative-centre political parties. Each episode Dave Pellowe asks a leading political thinker for their opinions and explanations to help right-thinking Australians be more effective with their vote and political influence.
In the fourth episode in this limited series, Senator Gerard Rennick discusses:
- The purpose and perversion of Democracy,
- How Parliament, legislation & regulations are formed,
- the conflict of Senators in cabinet
- The Constitution: keep it, or start over again,
- How preferences work, and the risk of helping the Greens by doing the minimum required,
- Should the RBA be politically accountable, along with the ABC, BOM & other ‘independent’ and unaccountable statutory authorites and essential services?
- Why he hasn’t quit the Liberal Party,
- Left vs right, or big vs small?
- Real risks and opportunities in the Tasmanian Senate race, and
- the pros and cons of this election’s Liberal Party, the Nationals, Pauline Hanson’s One Nation Party, the Lib Dem’s, United Australia Party and Craig Kelly, Katter’s Australia Party and others,
Future episodes include George Christensen, Rob Katter and Maryka Groenwald. Make sure you check them out as well as the previous ones with Campbell Newman & Graham Young, before you vote on May 21!
This free service - independent, right thinking media - is because people like you donate a small amount every month.
No government is going to fix the Lying Harlot Media - they're never going to subsidise the news & views people need to hear. And nor should they, because if your media source depends on government subsidies, how could you trust its independence?
The Good Sauce is bringing the best of thinking about important issues, arguments rarely seen elsewhere, into one convenient website with weekly email updates direct to your inbox. But our existence and growth really depends on generous monthly supporters - people like you. Become a Good Sauce supporter today and help us grow to better serve you for the long term.
Dave Pellowe is a Christian writer & commentator, founder of The Good Sauce, convener of the annual Australian Church And State Summit and host of Good Sauce's weekly The Church And State Show, also syndicated on ADH TV. Since 2016 Dave has undertaken the mission of arming Christians to influence culture through events from Perth to Auckland, videos, podcasts and articles published in multiple journals across Australia and New Zealand. [more]